Important Dates: PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATED INFORMATION
- Date: Deadline to apply for the student concerto competition
- Date: Student concerto competition
- Date: Concert featuring concerto competition winner
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Applicant must not yet have graduated from high school.
- The competition is open to all wind and string instruments (no piano).
- Applicant must provide their own accompanist (students may not audition without one).
- Applicant must provide a score for the jury at the time of the competition.
- Applicant must be able to play a different piece if the music director deems the audition
piece inappropriate for the Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Applicant must be able to attend at least two regular rehearsals, the
dress rehearsal, and additional rehearsals as stipulated by the Music Director.
- Applicant must be available for any time slot assigned to them between 9:00 AM
and 1:00 PM. They may specify whether they prefer the earlier or later period; however,
there will be no guarantees that a time preference may be accommodated.
- Application must be postmarked by the application deadline and received in completed
form with $35.00 application fee made payable to Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra.
Please mail your completed application to:
Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra
P.O. Box 541188
Waltham, MA 02454-1188