- Sunday, November 20, 2016: Deadline to apply for the student concerto competition
- Sunday, December 4, 2016: Student concerto competition
- Saturday, April 30, 2017: Concert featuring concerto competition winner
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Applicant must not yet have graduated from high school.
- The competition is open to all wind and string instruments (no piano).
- Applicant must provide their own accompanist (students may not audition without one).
- Applicant must provide a score for the jury at the time of the competition.
- Applicant must be able to play a different piece if the music director deems the audition
piece inappropriate for the Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Applicant must be able to attend at least two regular rehearsals (4/17/17 and 4/24/17), the
dress rehearsal (4/28/17), and additional rehearsals as stipulated by the Music Director.
- Applicant must be available for any time slot assigned to them between 12:00 noon
and 5:00 PM. They may specify whether they prefer the earlier or later period; however,
there will be no guarantees that a time preference may be accommodated.
- Application must be postmarked by the application deadline and received in completed
form with $25.00 application fee made payable to Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra.
Please mail your completed application to:
Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra
P.O. Box 541188
Waltham, MA 02454-1188