Please note that the WPO Student Concerto Competition will not be held this year (2021), but will resume in 2022.
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Applicant must not yet have graduated from high school.
- The competition is open to all wind and string instruments (no piano).
- Applicant must provide their own accompanist (students may not audition without one).
- Applicant must provide a score for the jury at the time of the competition.
- Applicant must be able to play a different piece if the music director deems the audition
piece inappropriate for the Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Applicant must be able to attend at least two regular rehearsals, the
dress rehearsal, and additional rehearsals as stipulated by the Music Director.
- Applicant must be available for any time slot assigned to them between 10:00 AM
and 2:00 PM. They may specify whether they prefer the earlier or later period; however,
there will be no guarantees that a time preference may be accommodated.
- Application must be postmarked by the application deadline and received in completed
form with $40.00 application fee made payable to Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra.
(Click on image after link.)
Please mail your completed application to:
Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra
P.O. Box 541188
Waltham, MA 02454-1188