Application Deadline: Friday, October 14, 2022
Requirements for Eligibility:
- The applicant must not yet have graduated from high school.
- The competition is open to all instruments.
- Applicant must provide their own accompanist (students may not audition without one), except for piano soloists.
- Applicant must provide a score for the jury at the time of the competition.
- Applicant must be able to play a different piece if the music director deems the audition piece inappropriate for the Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Applicant must be able to attend at least two regular rehearsals (11/21/22 and 11/28/22), the dress rehearsal (12/2/22), and additional rehearsals as scheduled by the Music Director.
- Applicant must be available for any time slot assigned to them between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM on the competition day. They may specify whether they prefer the earlier or later period; although, there will be no guarantees on a time preference, we will try to accommodate it as best as we can.
- Application must be postmarked by the application deadline and received in completed form with $40.00 application fee made payable to Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra.
• Friday, October 14, 2022: Deadline to apply for the Student Concerto Competition
• Sunday, October 23, 2022: Student Concerto Competition
• Sunday, December 4, 2022: Concert featuring winner of Student Concerto Competition
2022-23 WPO STUDENT CONCERTO APPLICATION
Please print .pdf application, fill out, and mail your completed application and check to:
Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra
P.O. Box 541188
Waltham, MA 02454-1188
Click here to view past Concerto Competition Winners (Page will be updated soon.)