Application Deadline: Friday, October 13, 2023
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Applicant must not yet have graduated from high school.
- The competition is open to all instruments.
- Applicant must provide their own accompanist (students may not audition without one), except for piano soloists.
- Applicant must provide a score for the jury at the time of the competition.
- Applicant must be able to play a different piece if the music director deems the audition piece inappropriate for the Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Applicant must be able to attend at least two regular rehearsals (11/20/23 and 11/27/23), the dress rehearsal (12/1/23), and additional rehearsals as stipulated by the Music Director.
- Applicant must be available for any time slot assigned to them between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM on Sunday, October 22. They may specify whether they prefer the earlier or later period; although there will be no guarantees on a time preference, we will try to accommodate it as best we can.
- Application must be postmarked by the application deadline and received in completed form with $40.00 application fee made payable to Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra OR filled out, scanned and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the $40 payment submitted to the “Donate Now” button on the website.
• Friday, October 13, 2023: Deadline to apply for the Student Concerto Competition
• Sunday, October 22, 2023: Student Concerto Competition
• Sunday, December 3, 2023: Concert featuring winner of Student Concerto Competition
Please mail your completed application and $40.00 application fee check payable to Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra to:
Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra, PO Box 541188, Waltham MA 02454-1188
OR fill out, scan, and email to: email@example.com and submit $40 payment to the “Donate Now” button on website (PayPal).
Questions about the Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra Student Concerto Competition? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.